Friday, January 20, 2006

arthritis little stories - My Voodoo Crystal

Arthritis Pain Relief with Crystal

In the past, if anybody were to tell me that crystal can heal and be used to relief pain, I would have given him a funny look. This was my brother's reaction when I told him that. I have some trepidation even now, relating of my experience with crystal to a person directly. But as this is a largely anonymous blog; what the heck, let me put this experience down in words and get on with it. You the reader can take it any which way you like.

The incident had its beginning in Zhongshan, Guangdong Province, China. As usual, my sister made her regular visit to me on a weekend, except that in this instance she brought with her a huge quartz crystal (about 3lbs) on a wooden crystal tray. She said crystal radiate positive energy and may help me generally in my health. She placed the crystal at the bed mattress next to the pillow on my headside. Well no harm done, I thought. It doesn't take up any of my sleeping space, so I let it be as it is.

When I woke up in the morning, I was in for a surprise. The pain and stiffness on the left side around the neck and shoulder joint disappeared. In fact it felt surprisingly free. However the same could not be said for my right side shoulder joint, it continued to be stiff. It seemed on me that this may be the work of the crystal. To experiment a second time, that night the crystal was moved lower and placed adjacent to the left elbow which was badly strained and painful. And what did you think. Lo and behold, the elbow pain also cleared when I woke up the next morning. But there was one problem. Much as I suspect that this may be the effect of the crystal, the whole thing seemed more like voodoo not science. So for most part I kept my gob shut on this matter of crystal until now that I am in the process of documenting my experience of what has worked for my arthritis.

Since that day, I continue to sleep with the big crystal on my side. Maybe it is not such a great idea. My left side has become freer and less stiff as compared to the right. As a result I have switched from being a right hander to being a left handed person. I think I may have to get another similar sized crystal to be placed on the ride side of my sleeping position.

For localized pain, a smaller palm sized quartz crystal seemed to be quite helpful in alleviating pain when placed on the specific single joint area. It is also great for stomach discomfort due to acidity.

Lately, I have discovered an effective method in relieving pain over the whole body using the smaller crystal. I learnt of it by chance. When I slept with the crystal placed over the navel, the effect was the relieving of stiffness over the whole body when I woke up the next morning. There is one thing though, the crystal seems to need time to be effective again. If you try to use it consecutively for two days running, the effect is greatly reduced, but leave it aside for two or three days it seems to be as effective as before. More voodoo I guess.

Voodoo or no voodoo, I am definitely sold on this crystal thing as a means of pain relief.