Friday, January 27, 2006

arthritis little stories - Ginger Extract

A wonderful herb extract for arthritis pain relief

In the eighties, while in Madras I was introduced to ginger for pain relief by a "hakim" practising the unani form of medicine. He recommended dried ginger powder, sold freely in country medicinal shops in Madras. While the powder did provide some relief, it was nothing great.

Back home in the nineties, I came across a ginger extract capsule labelled as being very potent. Remembering my Madras experience, I gave the capsule a try. It did a wonderful job in curbing the arthritic stiffness and pain, its effectiveness a world of difference from using plain dried ginger powder. The only problem was its price, it was just too expensive. After taking it for two months, much as I would like to continue it as a long term relief, I balk at paying such a riculously high price for a herb extract. I shopped around for a replacement ginger extract capsule but could not find any at the shops. I stopped taking the ginger capsules altogether and forgot about this wonderful herb extract, until now that is.

Nowadays it is easier to shop online for a good potent ginger product. I think I will give the ginger extract another try.